If your teeth are crooked or misaligned, you may not smile confidently, and you may also be damaging your teeth. A misaligned bite places uneven pressure on your teeth as you chew which causes teeth to wear unevenly, puts pressure on your jaw that may lead to TMJ disorder, and can lead to chips and cracks in the enamel. Additionally, crowded teeth cause effective brushing and flossing challenging. There’s no doubt that straightening your teeth is good for your appearance and your health, but the thought of correcting teeth with traditional braces is daunting. Invisalign clear braces from the experts at Meriden Dental Group of Meriden, CT may be the best option for you. Call to schedule an Invisalign consultation with our experienced dental team today.
Correct Your Smile with Invisalign & Your Meriden, CT Dentist
Patients around the world have benefitted from smile correction using Invisalign clear braces for nearly 20 years. Whether you’re a working professional who doesn’t have the time for numerous orthodontic appointments or a patient with sensitivity to metals, Invisalign could help you achieve picture-perfect teeth in under a year. Patients who benefit from Invisalign include those who:
- Can’t attend numerous orthodontic appointments
- Have sensitivity to metals
- Need to maintain a professional appearance
- Have sensitive teeth and gums
- Are unable to thoroughly clean teeth with traditional braces
Rather than the traditional system of metallic brackets and connecting wires, Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic alignment trays to shift your teeth into place. Alignment trays place gentle, constant pressure on teeth shifting them into place overtime. Once your bite has shifted to fit one tray, you replace it with a new alignment tray and the gradual shifting of teeth continues. Our dentists will use a series of dental impressions and x-rays to determine your current bite alignment and your optimal bite alignment. Each Invisalign aligner will progress your smile closer to the final corrected position.
Some of the benefits of Invisalign are clear like the virtually undetectable alignment trays, but there are many benefits to using Invisalign to correct your smile that you may not have considered. Some additional benefits of Invisalign are:
- Less time invested – Invisalign patients typically complete their alignment in 12 months or less, and need less than half the number of dental appointment required for traditional braces
- Less Discomfort – Invisalign patients report experiencing much less pain and discomfort compared to traditional braces wearers and can remove trays for easy, thorough dental hygiene
- Less Hassle – Invisalign patients can remove trays during meals and eat any foods they wish so there’s no need for dietary changes
Contact Your 06450 Dentist Today
If you’re considering Invisalign for bite correction, Meriden Dental Group can help. Schedule a consultation to work with our skilled dentists to determine if your smile could benefit from treatment with Invisalign clear braces. Our convenient Meriden, CT office welcomes patients from surrounding areas including Southington, Cheshire, Wallingford, and Middletown.